Laser engraving, adding fonts

What file extensions will work when installing fonts, what folder do I put font files in? The four in uarm studio are nice but i would like to add more.

UFACTORY Website:
www.ufactory.cc
uArm User Facebook Group
Contact Us:
English Channel
中文通道

The built-in applications are really just examples of what the uArm can do. If you want to do serious engraving I suggest you look into CAM software (e.g. CamBam, FreeCAD v0.17 etc.) and create a workflow to uArm with that. uArm understands normal GCode.

Always remember that uArm is still in early development, we supported a KICKSTARTER, which means we witness the START of a project.

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_Burston
Currently Studio doesn’t support importing fonts manually.
More fonts will be added. We’re open to suggestions!

so far i have found inkscape with an extension form 305 engineering which allows me to generate g code from an image now to find how to get the file into the arm i am new to lots of this, do i need to tell it not to go into point A etc?

hi Matthew!
i linked my standard tools for milling (should be good for lasering as well) here:

so far i got the arm moving but not in the expected way. probably because I screwed up the gcode export.
the gcode sender though, works great! It would be nice to collect some workflows (half working as well as working ones) in the tread above.
what plugin are you using in inkscape and what configuration of the plugin?

1 Like