[Official] Beta Release of uArm Creator Studio (user-friendly Graphical Interface for uArm Control)

Dear uArm users,

We’re excited to release the beta version of our new software, called “uArm Creator Studio (UCS)” today!!!

###What is UCS?

UCS is a development environment made for both beginners and experts. EVERYONE can easily control uArm to play with powerful computer vision functions and share their programs.

It is both a Visual Programming Language (VPL) and an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with easy Python scripting capabilities. This means that it scales well from beginners who don’t know how to code yet, all the way to experienced programmers.

###Key Features

1. Graphical User Interface

• Fast prototyping: simply drag, drop and play
    • Logic operations: variables, loop, conditions, recursion
    • Direct Python scripting
  2. Built-in Computer Vision

• Real-time object detection and tracking
    • Trigger commands when object recognised
    • Automatically move over/pick up objects
    • Many more powerful robot + vision functions
  3. Standardised Platform
    Download and run without setting up complex environment for programming.

Now, feel free to try and tell us how you feel!
Windows
Mac
Linux

Feel free to contact: ucs.support@ufactory.cc

Cheers,
The uArm Team

Here is the video introduction of uArm Creator Studio
Sounds cool!

My uarm acrylic doesnt connect even though the software sees the port it is on. When selected the uarm reacts but then it is no longer connected. Is this not compatible? Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Kero,

I’ve sent the documents of uArm Acrylic to your email address.

I received the files. My arm communicates with the mouse control you provided without issue. However I still am unable to connect with the Creator Studio. It shows connected initially as shown in the image below in the console output, but then I never get the green check mark on the devices button. When trying to run anything it gives an error stating the arm isn’t connected…

Hi kero,

Currently UCS is only compatible with uArm Metal.

We still need some time to make it compatible with uArm Acrylic.

Thanks for your patience!

Cleo

I see the MAC link broken. Is UCS available for MAC as well or just for Windows/Linux

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for pointing out.
Now the link for Mac version is fixed.

UCS is available for all the three OS.

Cheers,
Cleo

Hi,

We are trying to run UCS2.0 after flashing the 2.2.1 firmware on Uarm Metal. The Motors are heating up. It is fine when we use Uarm Client. Is there is a fix for this?

Regards,
Madhu

Hi,

UCS has been updated to UCS V2.2.1 which is compatible with firmware 2.2.1.

Get UCS 2.2.1:

Hello,
Very exciting! I tried to run the newest version of UCS on my mac OS Yosemity and the program crashed immediately.

Do I need to have Python or some other environment installed for this to work?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi,

You don’t need to install Python environment before using UCS.
I just tested. UCS V2.2.1 can work normally on mac OS Yosemity.

Please PM me the details of what happened when you tried to open UCS?

Cleo

Hi Cleo

I was wondering if there was any progress on making the uArm Acrylic compatible with uarm creator studios

If not, is there any chance I could get you to send me the uarm acrylic documentation, as I can only find the uArm metal documentation online for some reason. Thanks!

Please PM me your email and I’ll send you the uArm Acrylic documentation.