Extremely disappointed in the uArm team

I have been using python to control a few uArms in a factory environment and things have been working well. However since you have updated the firmware to 2.2.1 I am extremely unhappy.

1. the new firmware is incompatible with the old pyuarm library. The new pyuarm library is completely different from the old one and there is not updated documentation for it. COME ON GUYS!

2. There is no way to downgrade to the older firmware, some of us dont need to be forced into an upgrade, we might be content with the older firmware that works with our scripts written using the old pyuarm library.

3. Your documentation sucks, links on your webpage are consistently down. I am unable to download the uarm-assistant or the uarm-client, the link to the script to install the commandline on windows is also down.Your pyuarm documentation is extremely poor.

Why are you guys punishing people for being customers?

Can you provide me with a way to download the current firmware on my uarm or at least provide links to previous versions? Can you also provide a tool to let us manually load these older versions onto the uarm?

Also I have multiple files full of coordinates to move the uARM that look like this:

-3.03,-8.64,16.69
11.6,-18.6,12.77

Can these be converted to work with the new

set_position function?

Hi mike,

1. About Firmware

The latest uArm Assistant v1.1 has been released yesterday, which allows you to import firmware manually. I’ve updated the information here:

Please download the latest uArm Assistant.
And PM me what version of firmware do you use, along with your email.

So I can send you the hex file you need.
And you may import it in your uArm Assistant.

2. About pyuarm
Besides, the latest pyuarm (which is compatible with firmware V2.2.1) is different from the former one. Here is the documentation about its usage (you can find it in github or the forum post above):
http://pyuarm.readthedocs.io/en/dev/examples.html#usage

You can roll back to the previous version of pyuarm on github by clicking “1.x”:

Sorry for all the troubles.

Cleo

The link to uarm_assistant in the support section of ufactory.cc is not working:

I shared this file on google drive for you:
uarm_assistant_v1.1.zip
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2yz7p7oOFF3aDFNdUI3dlpjR1U/view?usp=sharing
MD5: addbb2d3a2132bd598e9e60f00a458e0

In addition, I think “pyuarm” is useless currently, I suggest you to communicate with uArm directly though python standard “serial” library, example code for you:

import serial
ser = serial.Serial('COM3', 115200, timeout=0.1) #replace the COM port according to your OS

ser.wirte(b'#0 G0 X100.0 Y100.0 Z100.0 F100\n') #replace the value behind X Y Z to yours
ser.readall() #avoid return data or just print it for debug
1 Like

Thanks for the 1.7.4 firmware cleo. If I calibrated the uArm using the uarm-assistant while running 2.2.1, do I need to recalibrate when downgrading to 1.7.4?

Hi mike, you don’t need to re-calibrate.