[Official] IMPORTANT updates about uArm software (READ FIRST)

uClient is not working, I sent you many emails now saying about my issue. Has been a month now and things are starting to get frustrating cause I cannot start with this arm.

I think is time to receive help from you, as the way you deploy software or you document it, is not probably the best one.

My mac has the latest OS, I sent twice detailed information by mail.

I’ve sent you an email including all the steps of possible solution and the files you might need.
But the email is rejected by host. Please PM me your another email, thanks.

Thank you for this post.

My UArm is up and running and I am getting familiar with the commands within Creative Studio. I have gone through the different types of motions. So everything is working.

My goal is to run G-code. I have read the “uArm GCode Communication Protocol”. It is unclear to me where the “Sample code of decoding GCode” is inserted. Then do I run my G-code commands after that code? Is it done in the uArm Creator Studio? As a task? Or separately? Please clarify.

Thanks
Joanne

Hi Joanne,

We provide “Sample code of decoding GCode” just as a reference for those who are interested in knowing how the decoding happens.

But actually, the sample code doesn’t bear any practical function when you control uArm via your computer. The decoding process will happen automatically within the board.

Thanks Cleo.

I entered machine code as per the manual into the code windows in UCS but the robot did not move. I am wondering if I put it into the wrong tab. I was able to move the robot with the syntax "robot. " so the coordinates were in range but not using g code.

Sorry I am working through this further. I am currently entering the code into the “Run Python Code” window. It chooses lines that start with # to be commented out. Am I entering the code in the right spot? Should the lines of code start with #? To make sure I won’t send the robot our of reach or damage the robot I have entered the beep code rather than a position code while I am trouble shooting…

robot.setBuzzer(1500, 2) # Play a tone through the robots buzzer. Parameters: Frequency, duration (seconds)

versus

#n M210 F1000 T0.2\n

First one works… second one does not.

Thanks
Joanne

You can run python code in any text box within UCS (the “run python code” section is included of course). So don’t worry about entering codes in wrong place.

In the “Run Python Code” window, when you click “show documentation”, you can see explanations and example codes of coding within UCS. The sentences started with “#” are comments of the codes, describing what this code is for.

Moreover, if you click “user manual”, a PDF file will pop up.
Please go directly to the last section and you may find what you need.

Where do I put gcode?

In your manual the gcode syntax each line starts with #. I thought that comments the code? What is the gcode syntax?

Ufactory team,

I just unboxed my uarm. When I use the uarm assistant, i get an error that it can not access the com port. Not sure where to go from here

Hi there, # is part of the command. A standard command should be “#0 G0 X0 Y200 Z200 F100\n”. As we know, the command starting from G0 is the standard gcode command. While, the #0 is a ID number. Sometimes, we need the increased ID number to identify the sequence of command. If we don’t need it, just keep it #0 fixed. Here is an example based on the arduino IDE. If the arm get the correct command, it replies ok.

Hi vkrishna, since we uploaded the 1.x firmware to the uarm, when you use the uarm assistant, it will give the caution. Just click ok and flash the firmware to 2.0. Then everything goes fine. Thanks!