[Official] uArm Metallic Gripper User Guide

#Connect the Gripper with uArm

#Control the Gripper

Currently we are working on a new software for uArm and the gripper is not compatible with uClient. (i.e. Users can’t control Gripper via uClient.)

However, you can still control the gripper, not via uClient, but via uArm CommandLine Tools.

1. Install uArm CommandLine Tools
  2. Control the gripper via uarm-miniterm
    Enter gripper on and gripper off to control the catch/release of the gripper.

uArm CLI (CommandLine Installation) Complete Guide
Skip to the uarm-miniterm part
Video: Example of uarm-miniterm usage

Hello,

I tried to open the gripper with my pythoncode … (arm.set_gripper(True) ) but nothing happened, do you have an Idea why? I doublechecked the installation of the gripper with the picture above.

thanks
Bierbaron

Hi Bierbaron,

it may be a hardware problem. Our aftersales team is taking care of it.

Hi
when can I expect an answere here?
Kind regards

Hi bierbaron,

The after-sales personnel is taking care of it. She’ll contact you directly.

Hi,

currently I dont have contact with her… can you send a reminder here?

kind regards

Sure sure. Sorry for the delay.

Hi Bierbaron, please kindly leave your address and we will ship a new one to you immediately.

Hi Tony,

you had already a shipment to my address… please have a look at your history data, I dont want to poste my address here. Or give me a email address then I will send it via this way.
Please be aware that I have one of the first uarm metals and I need a gripper which fits here.

Thanks
Kind regards

Hi Bierbaron,
We do need to confirm the shipping address so that we won’t make the mistake. So please send me your address by an email (tony@ufactory.cc). I will double check the package to make sure the gripper fit your metal.
Thanks !

Is there a 3D model of the Gripper anywhere online ?
I’m working with a real uArms and also in a simulator so it would be helpful to have a 3D model of the gripper as well as the suction pump for the simulation.
Thanks!

Hi, we have the 3D model, please PM me your email.