uArm swift Pro: gcode Workflows for pen plotting, laser +

Hi!
I am happily tinkering with my uArm Pro but decided after the first day with the current software, that it might be easier for me to get myself a little cnc GCode workflow going for I did that already with a small diy mill.

testing with my old set up of
www.makercam.com (for translating my images into GCode) and
https://github.com/cncjs/cncjs (for controlling the arm)
in order to get some laser work done, I quickly encountered my limit of understanding, though:
It moves, but the GCode is probably faulty (looking at it and the uArm GCode Protocol does already show how much stuff is in there that I am not sure the Arm even understands at all)

With my cnc mill project it helped me a great deal to look at other people’s workflows from image to GCode to actually controlling it through a Grbl interpreter.

So: If anybody of you has already done it (not necessarily for laser, but anything that works already): Let me know.

UFACTORY Website
Official Store
uArm User Facebook Group

English Channel
中文通道

2 Likes

hi this has helped me no end. the extension for converting image to g code with some pretty good effects is from 305 engineering. im not sure the arm will understand it properly, i was thinking of writing an arduino code to do the alterations ie add a set z axis and also the laser on off commands i think may be different, im not sure but there is a code at the end of the uarm metal g code protocol pdf i do not know how to use it as its not something i have come across yet being such a noob

happy to help.
why would you want to make an arduino code for the alterations? wouldn’t it be smarter/more universal to alter the gcode itself?
let me know if you make any progress. I will check out GitHub - 305engineering/Inkscape: Extensions for Inkscape (that is, what you mentioned, I suppose) and see if any of the tools can interpret that properly. thx for sharing