Using uArm to make a physical clock

So I made this physical clock using the metal uArm, some programming, and a bunch of little yellow strips of construction paper. Because of the uArms limited range, I was only able to fit the minutes and not the hours of the time.

What’s special about this clock is that I managed to do it without using any computer vision, which I usually would use for this sort of project. By not using computer vision there was no possibility for error checking, which would usually mean that the clock would get out of phase- that strips of paper would be placed incorrectly once or twice and over time this would ruin the whole thing.

To fix this, I made a little box for the papers to be placed in, and the robot would “nudge” the paper in from each direction. By doing this, the papers are reset in a way, ensuring that the robots innacuracy would not cause problems over time.

The only things you need to replicate this project is some construction paper, a metal uArm, and craftiness. If you are looking to do this on your own, here’s what you will need.

The robot: http://store.ufactory.cc/uarm-metal/
The code: GitHub - apockill/RobotClock: A robot that moves pieces of papers around to make a digital clock

If you have any questions or ideas for what I should do next, message me through the forums. Have fun!

3 Likes

This is really awesome!!! We are going to put this demo to our blog. :smile:

it looks like very cool.

2 Likes

It’s really drunk :smile:

1 Like

Nice job. Congratulations