Laser lights but doesn't burn

Hi,

Out of sudden laser stopped burning paper. Fan is on, light is on and blue dot stays thin as pencil head (it is focused), the arm follows drawing contours, but nothing burned no matter how long I keep it. Any suggestions?

Firmware Version: 4.2.1
Operation System: Win 10
uArm Controlling Method: uArm Studio 1.1.9

Hi, please refer to the item 13 of this post:[Official] FAQ for uArm Swift (Pro) - keep updating

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for coming. The laser is focused, I see very small dot on the paper. But doesn’t burn. Any other suggestions?

Hi, how long the Laser has been used?

About 2-3 minutes…

Hi, how about contact support(support@ufactory.cc) with the info below and ask for RMA?

1. Contact information (include Name/Email/Phone Number)
  2. Physical Address
  3. Product type
  4. SN (On the bottom of the product)
  5. Proof of purchase (photocopy or photo or screenshot) and product receiving date.

‘Pencil head’ sounds very big for a focused beam. I would aim for more like maybe 0.5mm. If the laser is on but doesn’t burn it sounds like a focus issue… Or have you successfully focused the laser before? One more thing you can easily try is to ‘zero’ the laser like 10cm too high, and then you turn the beam on, take your paper and move it slowly upwards from the surface towards the laser. If the laser is almost but not quite focused, you will find the spot. Then you know the laser OS ok - just not focused, and can go on to focusing…

1 Like

Sure, will do. Thanks.
Don’t expect much from them as my arm guarantee passed long ago.

It depends how sharp are your pencils, @Hjelt :slight_smile:
I tried switching laser on and moving it up and down with Arduino IDE millimeter by millimeter to find optimal focus distance. But still no luck :frowning:

Could it be switched with low power mode? I know some lasers can do that, but normally those of 2.5W and higher.