Suction Cup control

One more question. Is the Xarm studio available to use when the Xarm is not connected? You know that it is very time consuming to program the robot arm, i just hope that i could use the stimulation mode to program the Xarm when i have time outside the studio without Xarm. Possible?

No, because so far the simulation function for the xarm is not good, we can only simulate the joint, we can not set cartesian coordinates for the xarm on simulation environment, so we don’t provide the simulation for program.

Hi Daniel, Suddenly, I got the "Set suction cup code=41’ error. I use Blocky code, when the code go to “Suction cup On”, it appears this error and stop running. I reboot both the arm studio and the xarm twice. It still not work. Pls advise!

Is the suction cup button on the Live Control page still working?

yes, it works on Live control page.

If running the code it appears this error.

Did you use the firmware 1.4.1? Could you send me the screnshot of the Blockly code?

Thanks

It used to work at the first few times today. But suddenly get error. This is just use a simple code to test the the suction cup again. It still doesn’t work.
I am using 1.40 firmware.

Hi,
Please set the wait=false for the “set ari pump” command, and add “wait” command if you need wait for the suction cup to pick the object. Let me know the result.

Thanks

If set wait=false on “air pump” command, it works.
But I find the problem, if I add the “set TCP acceleration speed” or “set joint acceleration speed” on the code, it get error again.

could you show me you new code?

How about upgrade to the latest firmware 1.4.1 and try again?

Hi, there is an update for that issue, please check it here: [Official] End module error, IO communicaion error and joint communication error

May I know if any update firmware to solve the suction cup problem? How could I know what is the most updated firmware version?

May I know if any update firmware to solve the suction cup problem? How could I know what is the most updated firmware version?

Hello, you can update the firmware and xarm studio to the latest version1.6.1.
Please refer to the article to update the firmware and studio : http://help.xarm.cc/en/articles/4080803-guide-to-update-the-xarm-studio-and-xarm-firmware

I have update both firmware and farm studio. But I connect the arm after update .It got connection refuse in the tool gui. Pls advise what’s the problem.

Hello, after updating, you need to reboot the control box. It takes 2-3 minutes for the control box to start. You need to wait 2-3 minutes before connecting the robotic arm with xarm-tool-gui.