30P Base Extension, which Firmware

Hi, i bought eight Uarm Pro Swift Robots and would like for beginning to add sensors and aktuators.
As a Beginner it is very hard for me. i Am able to do Basic Controls in Blocky. Even Pick and Place with needet customized modifications open mv camera worked well.

But i can`t make30P Base input work altough for examle when i stick a button to P3 there is a peep when i push. But Pushing has no effect in the programm. I have tried lots of firmware Versions. Which is needet?

What Hardware and Firmware konfiguration is neddet to run swift pro Uarm
with Programming in creator studio?

And how can i do it later with additional Vision with Vision Kamera Modul?
Thanks for helping.

Hi friend,

Do you refer to 30P Base Extension Board or Grove Extension Board? You mentioned P3, more like pin3 port on Grove Board.

For Both 30P Extension Board and Grove Extension Board, pls use Firmware V3.2, but not V4.9.
To control the IO of 30P extension board, you need to set digital IO direction first.

Best regards,
Minna

Thanks for fast answering.
I have a Grove Extension, loadet scatch is Marlin whitout any changes and Swift Pro Coneted via USB at Arm Studio. A grove Switch (4port wire) is connected to Port 3 at grove extension. I am wondering why there is no effect in programm althoug when the Grove Button is presses it make a sound.

Have i to modify the Marlin Schatch? What i am doing wrong?

Hi friend,

Please do not modify the Marlin, What is the firmware version you are using?
Our uArmStudio’s grove program is developed based on our Grove Kit(i.e. Color Sensor,Mini Fan), other grove may not be applicable, you may need to develop it yourself.

Can you provide some information about your grove switch?

Best regards,
Minna

Hello, I am new to uArm, and I want to have a vision capability and I think I will buy openMV H7 camera
however, it also needs a 30P extension board, where can I buy the extension board?

Please advise
Alex

Hi Alex,

We have stopped maintaining and selling openMV and grove modules, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Minna

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
so it means I cannot use camera?
Alex

Hi Alex,

We don’t have H7 on hand, you can have a try.
Here is the pin definition, you can make your own connection cable.

Best regards,
Minna

Hello,
So you mean I can straightly plug the H7 cable to the pin you provided?

If so , then is ok . Besides this extension board, what else do we need in order to use the camera?
Alex

A bit regret to purchase this uArm that cannot use camera. Vision is what my focus.
So what I can do now is to try to directly plug the cable to the pin you provided without extension board.
*system doesnt allow me reply 3 times so I edit my previous post.

Alex

Hi Alex,

In theory, you need a camera mount. And we can’t make sure it is compatible with openMV H7.

Best regards,
Minna