I was quite impressed when I started working with the 3D Printing head over the last week. However, the CuraForUarm software seems mediocre/poor.
- There are no manual printer controls
- Prints can’t be paused and restarted
- The temperature settings from Cura are ignored and the hotend always uses 200C for its temp
- Feedback during the print is anemic.
- No way to import G-Code from other slicing engines
- No G-Code console to either execute arbitrary commands or view what commands are being executed
- No ability to send G-Code to the uArm from other programs.
First question: Are there existing ways to fix any of the above? IOW, are some of the above possible, but I haven’t discovered how to do them? Are any of them already in the developement pipeline?
Second Question: I’d like to play around with improving the 3D printer’s control software. Is there a documented API for interacting with the uArm as a 3D printer? Is the source code for the current CuraForUArm available somewhere? If not, is there any source code/documentation for a non-uArm client to interact with a uArm?