A brand new uArm Developer Center is on its way!

Hey friends,

We’re now updating our uArm Developer Center website, thus the old website (developer.ufactory.cc) is currently unavailable. Sorry for any inconvenience!

The uArm is now compatible with Python and Arduino.
If you want to download APIs, please go to:
Python library: http://pyuarm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
Arduino library: UArm Arduino Library: uArm Library Introduction
More languages to come!

Communication protocol:
https://github.com/uArm-Developer/UArmForArduino/blob/master/PROTOCOL.md

We will keep you updated as soon as the new website is out!

Regards,
The uArm Team

I lost a lot of functionality when I updated to the uclient and new firmware (as opposed to using the Arduino IDE). I like the new interface for direct control, however I cannot program the uarm to do anything. I can only control it directly from the uclient. Will there be updates for learning mode, or to input pre-defined movements/coordinates soon? I need to program the uarm to perform certain movements when triggered. Please update the uclient to allow for recording and python input.

Hi,

For the current version of uArm Metal, uClient is not a developer tool, but a PC APP for mouse control and Leap Motion control. Recording mode and python input is not supported in uClient. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you want to hack the uArm, please download the uArm library via the links provided in the post.

We’re now developing new software for a new version of uArm. Recording and python input will be supported in the new software :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cleo

1 Like

These guys are goofballs. I figured out how to program with the Arduino IDE. You have to use another library on github that has absolutely no link from these communists website. Don’t think of this enterprise as a real company. Think of them as Five Year Olds: No skills and they lie. You have to hunt for it. Let me know if you have trouble, and I’ll email it to you.

The library is circa 2014. You want to load a file called “STANDARD” and run it. This will enable the record mode. To record, press the right button (F4 if I recall). Then move the arm around. You have about 19 seconds to record. Then, press and hold F4 for a long time (8 seconds - not exactly). Done! You press F7 to play back.

If you want to use the sucker: Start the same way: F4 to start. move arm around. F4 gets pressed for a couple of seconds (2-3), then hit F7 to start sucker. Hit F7 to stop sucker when it’s sucked all you want. Then hit F4 (either a short time to return to moving the arm, or hold it for 8 seconds to stop the whole record session. Done! You press F7 to play back.

To set a library you can actually use:

Hi,

We’ve released the beta version of our new software. It integrates learning mode, basic uArm control, computer vision, and Python coding.

Feel free to try if interested. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Cleo