Breakout Pins for OpenMV

uArm Serial No.: (the No. at the bottom of each uArm reading “UARM-XXXXXXXXXX”)

Firmware Version: Latest as of 13/08/2017

Operation System: Win10

uArm Controlling Method: Arduino/Python

Hi,

I have an issue, not with tracking.py per-se, but the jumper connections to the breakout connector on the uArm itself. I connect the breakout connector to the 30-pin port and make sure it is aligned correctly as per the quick start, but when i hook up the jumper pins from the openMV to the breakout, it doesn’t power on.

If however I connect the jumpers to the right most pins (+5v, GND) without the breakout, the openMV powers on. I cant seem to find the correct pins for the Tx etc. in that configuration though.

I have tested the breakout female 30-pin connector and the 26 front pins for continuity and there doesn’t seem to be many connections between the female 30-pin and the 26-pin male end. possibly my breakout board has bad connections?

UFACTORY Website
Official Store
uArm User Facebook Group

English Channel
中文通道

Could you please show us the picture of connection? BTW, 30pin and 26pin are not pin-to-pin connection.

Hi, Thanks for looking into this for me

I attach some pictures. I have aligned the 30-pin males perfectly with the 30-pin female on the breakout board. I attach some pictures that i hope demonstrate this.

To test, I assume that the right most pins on the uArm are +5v and GND and when i hook the breakout up the right most pins ate +5v and GND but there is no connection between these.

Here is the schematic of the board you could have a look. If the connection is bad let us know, will send you the new one.