Can the uArm SwiftPro work with Windows 7 32 bit?

Hi

I am moving my Python code that controls the uArm Swift Pro to a mini laptop so I can install it in an art gallery next week. I don’t want to leave my big laptop in a public space. The mini laptop is an old model I had available from 2009 that runs windows 7 and is 32bit. I’ve spent a while updating the mini laptop and trying to install drivers and software and it looks like the MEGA 2560 Driver is not compatible with Windows 7 32bit.

I tried installing even the Studio software but it is 64 bit. Is there any hope of controlling my uArm with this laptop? Thanks so much if you can let me know if I need to find a 64 bit system…

Thank you.
Joanne

Hi Joanne,
The uArm Studio is not compatible with Win 32-bit system. As we built the uArm Studio software on Win 10 64 bit, we recommend you to use a Win 10 64-bit PC to run uArm Studio.
Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate it as this project has a deadline… I haven’t used uArm Studio in over a year - I control the arm directly from Python code. I wanted to see if I code run the code from a 32bit Windows 7 laptop. So I do not need uArm Studio, just the drivers for the Arduino… is that limited to a 64bit windows too?

Thanks
Joanne

Hi Joanne,
Actually the Arduino drivers are not limited to the normal system, if you use Python it should work with Win7 32-bit.

Thanks