Can we please have the calibration procedure properly documented?

Are you kidding? I just received this uARM. There is no step by step procedure with a simple diagram that shows the position for the manual portion of the calibration. Post one TODAY, not some stupid explanation that’s cryptic like most of the replies on the UFACTORY site, but just a step by step for the uARM METAL. Do it for the Arduino library and the 1.6.1 firmware with the downloadable calibration tool (which does not even have a README file).

SHAME!

Come on guys… JUST TRY A LITTLE!

I would also like this. So far the only thing stopping us from using these things in large numbers is the lack of documentation and the slow response in support requests.

2 Likes

I ended up figuring it out, myself.

1. Run the calibration software they give you. IGNORE THE MANUAL ADJUSTMENT!!! DON’T TOUCH THE ARM. Just click okay or whatever when prompted. That’s it!

What does this do? It loads the calibration data into the EEPROM. That means that if you use an Arduino IDE to program, and do not overwrite the EEPROM, you are good to go.

1. THIS MEANS IF YOU HAVE AN EXAMPLE OFF GITHUB, DELETE OR COMMENT OUT ANY CALIBRATION CALLS!

Developers: I hate you, you gravy sucking pigs!