Cannot connect to xArmStudio - "Failed: server is not ready"

Hi all,

I’m trying to connect a Linux computer w/ the Linux version of xArmStudio to an xArm 5. I’ve set the IP address of the host computer according to the user manual’s instructions, e.g. “the IPV4 network segment on the computer must be between 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.255 (cannot be the same as the IP address tail number of the control box).”

However, after I launch xArmStudio, I always get the “Failed: server is not ready” error message. This occurs for when I have the IP address of the control box entered into the text input box, as well as when I leave the field blank and click the “Search server” button. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Dear friend,

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the problem, and tell me where you are stuck.

Best regards,
Minna

Hello Minna,

I’m stuck at step 3 – I cannot ping the control box or connect to robot via the xArm Tool GUI, and I get “Destination Host Unreachable”. I’ve configured my IP address but am using a Linux system, I noticed that the appendix only provides steps for Windows by the way.

Dear Bryan,

With ‘Destination Host Unreachable’ error, I think it is the issue of IP address.
What is the current IP address of Linux? Please enter ‘ifconfig’ in terminal and give the output to minna.zhong@ufactory.cc.

Best regards,
Minna

This got resolved, thank you. I had to change the IP address to include the proper subnet.

Hello - I have the same error. How did you resolve it?

Hi Akshaj,

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the problem, and let me know it stuck in which steps.
What is the IP of your PC?

If there are still problems, please provide the SN of control box to support@ufactory.cc

Guide for UFACTORY xArm Studio Displaying "Server is not ready" | UFACTORY Help Center

Best regards,
Minna