Does not release what has been taken

Hey there. Is there a possibility to reverse the air flow of the pump in order to release taken items? I have the metalic uArm and once the pump helds (sucks) an item it doesnt release it even after turning off the pump. Does someone have the same issues. I use the arm to remove plastic plate tops fro agar plates.

Thank you for your answers.

The pump is used to maintain the vacuum in the system which is also held with a small valve. In order to release an object, you must first turn off the pump and then release the valve. For Arduino, your release function might look like this:

digitalWrite(PUMP_EN, LOW);
digitalWrite(VALVE_EN, HIGH);
delay(200);
digitalWrite(VALVE_EN,LOW);

There is also a uArmClass::pumpOff() function as part of the UArmForArduino firmware that will do this. Note that it is best to reset the valve back to the LOW state once release is complete.

Answering to your question there is not a way to reverse airflow. There is a valve that opens the vacuum tube for it to have ambience pressure and not a negative pressure.

I came across the same problem when using the command uArmClass. pumpOff (). After some research I came to the conclusion it wasn’t opening the valve long enough
To fix it, I just run the pump command uArmClass.pumpOff () 4 times with a delay of 20ms:

uarm.pumpOff();
  delay(20);
  uarm.pumpOff();
  delay(20);
  uarm.pumpOff();
  delay(20);
  uarm.pumpOff();