Firmware 4.7 + extruder driver

Hello,

I was using Fireware 3.X with my Uarm Swift Pro and I was able to use an internal driver for external stepper motor connection by applying G-code G1 E100 for example.

Now I did an update to Fireware 4.7 and I cannot access such commands to communicate with the “extruder” driver. Error E20 occurred.

I would like to mention that I don’t want to 3D print, just want to use an internal driver to operate with 4th stepper motor.
How do I can fix this issue?

Thnx in advance.

Hello Andrew,
Can you tell us where you found the example(G-code G1 E100) ? Thanks.

Hello Jane,
Thank you for a quick response.

That example I made by my own. Let me explain:
With Fireware 3.X I used Python SDK and Marlin g-code commands for operating robotic arm.
So, for moving in X Y Z directions I used command like:
swift.send_cmd_sync(‘G0 X200 Y100 Z100 F5000’)
but also, as fare as I know uArm Swift pro has internal driver for operating extruder motor, so I did tried to use command like:
swift.send_cmd_sync(“M302 S0”) # Marlin command for cold extrusion
swift.send_cmd_sync(“G92 E0”) # nullify E-motor
swift.send_cmd_sync(‘G1 F5000 E10’) # move with motor E to pos 10
And everything worked fine until I did an upgrade for Fireware 4.7. Movements become super smooth but I cannot find a way how to activate and use internal driver with this firmware.

If you have any suggestions let me know please.

BR
Andrew

Hello Andrew,
Firmware 3.x of the uarm support Marlin g-code, but the Firmware 4.x of the uarm don’t support Marlin g-code.
If you want to use Marlin g-code that you have to use the firmware 3.x.
Thanks.

Hello Jane,

I did understand that from the beginning.
My question is if I can use build in driver for operating stepper motor in different way (not by G-code). Maybe you can advise me to use any special method in Python or access the driver directly from build in arduino board. I very impressed about that work you did on improving movement of the arm but cannot understand why part of hardware was just leave out …

Thank you.

Hello Andrew,
You can use our uarm controller expansion board, and then you have to write the program that drives the motor in C++, and then put the written C++ program in the uarm controller, and then trigger it offline.
You can refer to the link about the uarm controller: http://download.ufactory.cc/docs/en/uArm%20Controller_20190718.pdf