Firmware update to 3.1.16 does not work

uArm Serial No.: (the No. at the bottom of each uArm reading “UARM-C8FD19400EAF”)

Firmware Version: 3.1.9

Operation System: Mac

uArm Controlling Method: uarm studio

I have updated to the uarm studio 1.1.13-p1 and I can see that there is a uarm firmware update to 3.1.16 (I currently have 3.1.9). When I select “update”, I get a notification that the USB port has been disconnected, then I hear a beep for the robot to reboot, then the progress bar stays at 0% for about 1 minute. After this, uarm stuio says update complete, but it does not show that the robot is connected.

If I shutdown uarm studio and start it back up again, I hear a beep from the robot, then the software shows that the uarm firmware is still at 3.1.9. Is there a different way to update the firmware? Is the uarm studio failing somewhere?

UFACTORY Website:
www.ufactory.cc
uArm User Facebook Group
Contact Us:
English Channel
中文通道

Same issue here, using Bluetooth, didn’t try using USB directly yet.

Hi @adam2017
We’re fixing this issue. I’ll keep you updated. Sorry about that.

If this is like other Arduinos, it will only take a firmware flash if you initiate within a few seconds of power-up.

At least. That’s my experience.

@all
If you’re using Studio0v1.1.13p1 and failed to update firmware to v3.1.16 within uArm Studio,
please flash firmware manually via FlashTool (you can find instructions in this FAQ).

We figured out the in-app firmware update problem and are now fixing it.
A new Studio-1.1.13p2 will be published within 48 hours.

@all

uArm Studio-1.1.13p2 is published on our website.
It fixes the firmware-flashing problem. Please update or download again. Thanks.

IMPORTANT:
If you failed to flash firmware before or flashed a wrong firmware before, you have to flash firmware 3.1.16 manually as my previous comment said. And then use uArm Studio.
Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
Cleo