Grove inputs won't react on uarm Swift pro

Hi, I am currently trying to work with grove sensors and grove actuators with my uarm. I do the programming in Blockly. I use the interface on the backside of the uarm! (Pin 1/2/3/4/5).
First I tried to read in the signals of a simple grove button on pin 3.
When I press the button, the uarm gives a sound signal, but in the software the signal state does not change.
I further tried a light sensor (pin 1) and the rotary angle sensor (pin2). But there are no changes in the value when I change the angle or the brightness of on the light sensor.

What works is when I control the buzzer (pin4).

Can anyone help me here how I can make the sensor input signals work in the software?

I use a uArm Sift Pro, FW 3.2.0 with Uarm Studio 1.1.23
Here is the software:

The electromagnet command (i use a buzzer instead) works. the “pin 3 " grove button” gives no reaction, the program is stuck here. The input of the rotary angle sensor and the light sensor is always 0.

Here the hardware:

Hi friend,

Do you use our Grove module or your own Grove? The connection seems correct, but you need to use the Grove Blockly to control.

Best regards,
Minna

Hi, what do you mean with “our Grove modules”?
I’ve bougth the Grove starter kit for arduino. Like this one here: https://www.seeedstudio.com/Grove-Starter-Kit-for-Arduino-p-1855.html

Do there exist special Grove modules for the uArm? Where can i get these?
Thanks!

Hi friend,

We have stopped selling and maintaining the Grove Kit. We only test with our own Grove Kit before, others grove Kit may not be compatible and need to modify the firmware.

Here is the resource code of our controller.

Best regards,
Minna

Hi! I do not really understand what this means. I use the delivered backside interface connector (UP13xx grove port) with an ordinary grove push button. This functionality is implemented in the blockly software: grafik. So I use the grove button and its blockly command. And I use the rotary angle sensor and it’s blockly command and I use the rotary angle sensor and it’s blockly command.
grafik
I am asking myself, why these peripherals do not give any signal to the robot.
Please see the code I uploaded in the first post. What is wrong with it, I do not understand.

What do you mean with “others grove kit may not be compatible and need to modify the firmware” ?
Please help!

I use a uArm Sift Pro, FW 3.2.0 with Uarm Studio 1.1.23

Hi DerfnamP,

What I mean is our Blockly can only support the grove version we bought. We bought Grove’s Kit a long time ago from seeed, we are not sure if there is any difference with the grove in the link you sent. If there is any change, not sure if it can be used, and we have stopped maintenance on the Grove module, the support is limited.

Below is the resource code of our grovebutton, you can try to modify the code, just for your reference.

I uploaded a demo in the google link, which you can use to test the pin of the button is pull-up or float, which may be the cause of the problem.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ObaOsy__MU_7cjxFI2zhHG4Zg0U-B8hS?usp=sharing

Best regards,
Minna

Thanks for your reply, now as I am a user of the uArm and not a developer, i do not really know, how I can test the button using your demo. Furthermore I do not know, what to do with the resource code of your grovebutton.
But, because I have to get this working, I need to know how I can operate these grove sensors. Could you please support me in the first steps:

What kind of software is recommended to do the software development?
How do I download the software to the robot (arduino)? Via the USB-connection?
Does this effect the existing software on the robot or is something overwritten when I download new files?