Hand Axis(Servo3?) doesn't move...(T_T;)

Today a new metal uArm arrived to me, connected to my Mac, successfully confirmed that XY Axis(Servo1) and Z Axis(Servo2?) and Pump(Catch/Release) can be controlled through uArm Client.app on my Mac. But I’m afraid that the hand Axis doesn’t move, even though I can see a blinking blue LED light showing the board is receiving signals from uArm Client.app according to my operation… Would you possibly be kind enough to give me any suggestions to look into my situation furthermore?

Hi Ted,

Sorry for the bug…
Please enter this link http://download.ufactory.cc/tools/macosx/uclient_macosx.zip to re-download uClient.

Best,
Cleo

Hi, Cleo,

Thanks for your help, but I’m afraid I can not download anything using the link you provided in your reply…

Although now I’ve tried to download the uArmClient.zip from the download page, I found the fact that I can not download it from that page too.(Last week I was able to download it though)

Thanks,

Ted

Hi Ted,

Sorry for that…
Our software engineer is fixing this problem. Will let you know ASAP!

Best,
Cleo

Hi Ted,

try this out: http://download.ufactory.cc/tools/macosx/tools_macosx.zip

We’re fixing the link on our website, too.
Sorry again for the problem.

Best,
Cleo

Hi, Cleo, and your engineering team,

Now I was able to download it, but I’m afraid the situation remains the same…

The hand Axis doesn’t move, even though I can see a blinking blue LED light showing the board is receiving signals from uArm Client.app according to my operation…

Would it be a hardware problem? Or your reply implies this situation is due to a client software bug?

Ted

Hi, Ted

try this out: http://download.ufactory.cc/tools/macosx/uclient_macosx.zip

sorry again.

If it still does not work, please run your firmware_helper.exe to check if the firmware is at its latest version.

Cleo

Hi, Cleo,

Thanks for your prompt help as always.

But I’m afraid it still doesn’t work.

Thanks to your advice, I found my firmware is not latest as attached below.
But even after hitting Y, leaving the message below, my firmware has not yet been updated.
If I run the same helper, still it is 1.5.8.

Maybe I should do something in order to overwrite the firmware, right.

Thanks for your further help in advance,

Ted

Firmware Version: 1.5.8
Latest Firmware version: 1.7.2
Unknown uArm Firmware version, Would you want to upgrade your uArm with 1.7.2?
Please Enter Y if yes. Y
Downloading firmware.hex…
Downloading: 100% [##################################] Time: 0:00:01 40.44 kB/s
avrdude -v -patmega328p -carduino -P/dev/cu.usbserial-AI041CBR -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:firmware.hex:i
avrdude is required, Please try brew install avrdude
logout
Saving session…
…copying shared history…
…saving history…truncating history files…
…completed.

[Process completed]

Hi Ted,

May I have your email address please? I can explain the problem more clearly via email :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Cleo
cleo@ufactory.cc

You may also want to check to make sure that all 4 of the wires leading to the hand servo are unbroken.