Is it possible to upload code from Python SDK to XArm 6 Control Box?

Hello, I was wondering if i could upload my code from the python SDK into the XArm 6 Control box? Im currently using pycharm to code the XArm 6 robot, but i need to run the code without the laptop. Since i could use the GPIO Input → offline task → select my python file from the XArm studio to execute the robot, is there a way to do the same but using Pycharm/other IDEs?

^ this is the pycharm code

^ this is where i want my pycharm code to pop up in

Hi Edwinard,

Offline Tasks can be bound to python files, but only python files that work properly in our Python IDE.
If your pycharm program uses a third-party lib, it can’t be bound to offline tasks.

Best regards,
Minna

1 Like

if no third party libraries are used, can it be uploaded straight to the offline tasks?

Hi Edwinard,

No, can only add the py code which has loaded into our Python IDE module.

1 Like

Hi Minna, i was wondering if there’s any documentation/experienced people from your team that has dealt with XArm connection with Kepserver? I cant seem to get them to connect to one another

Hi Edwinard,

In my understanding, the Kepserver communicates with the PLC device, and PLC communicates with the xArm, Kepserver no need to connect with xArm directly.
Honestly, we are not familiar with Kepserver, regarding PLC, it can communicate with xArm by controller IO and standard Modbus RTU.

1 Like

Where can i find the method to connect the xarm to the plc using modbus rtu?

Hi Edwinard,

Connecting 485A/485B of PLC with M_A/M_B of the xarm control box, but xArm can only consider as master for now, and PLC is the slaver. In your application, seems the PLC should be a master?

1 Like