Is there and instruction limit? 1200 moves?

I’ve convinced my company to pull the trigger on a Xarm, but I’m I have a major question.
the objective involves placing the parts in 330 separate positions on a tray, after picking up from a dispenser and moving it through two simple operations. then activate a conveyor and repeat for another 330 parts.

So this could easily reach 1200 separate moves per cycle should I be concerned?

Hi Slapit,

1200 movements shouldn’t be a problem.
What is the requirement for the working range, TCP payload, and accuracy?

Any videos/pictures to show your application would be helpful.

Best regards,
Minna

Awesome, Thank you.

The work range seams to be about 679mm radius. the parts weigh 3.8650 grams. I hope to get the cycle times bellow 13s or I would have gone with a Lite version of the X arm. I assume I will use Blocky as I am very unexperienced in programming. this is my basic concept. the robot needs to push one end of these parts in each hole (and activate the tools) then place the finished part on the tray then repeat 330 times, then activate the conveyor and trigger the air cylinder appropriately to zero the next tray. For 2-3 shifts a day Simple. lol
I plan to buy a back up arm within six months incase it can’t handle the constant work.

Hi Slapit,

I saw you got the PO approval to purchase xArm5. The working range of xArm5 is 700mm, and you need 679mm, it is close to the limit, and maybe some positions cannot be reached, you can simulate and evaluate it yourself first.

What is the size of each hole? What is their interval? What is your need for accuracy?

Best regards,
Minna