Leap Motion + uArm Swift Pro documentation

Could we have introduction and advanced documentation on using Leap Motion controller with uArm Swift Pro? I saw it on the IGG promo video, it’s in the UCS but no mention in the QuickStartGuide, or on GitHub.

Leap Motion is able to control the uArm Swift Pro (over USB, but not tested on Bluetooth?), motors move slow and no documentation on parameters and menu is hidden on the UCS.

Any additional information and how to hack it would be nice.

uArm Serial No.: see attached pic
Firmware Version: see attached pic
Operation System: Mac OS Sierra (10.12.5)
uArm Controlling Method: uArm Studio/UCS see attached pic for version
Leap Motion: see attached pic

Leap Motion mode is currently not compatible with uArm Swift Pro (that’s why Studio “hide” it as soon as Pro is plugged in). It’s not that LM can’t control Pro, but that the controlling experience has obvious time delay.

We’ll work at it soon.

1 Like

I’ am also very interested in uArm Swift Pro working with Lep motion!
greetings Nico

Hi you could build it yourself using a pi and the swift python library

1 Like

Hi @mattp and thanks for the tip and saw the same link on FB discussion group. The Processing sketch from the article is no longer available, but I suppose one could look at Leap Motion’s or Processing websites for further information, while waiting for uFactory to improve this functionality in uArm Studio.

hi, i would use the Cylon node.js program and link it via the python swift library. looks fairly straight forward to me.

Hi Cleo,

Has the uArm Swift Pro with LM issue been rectified?

Not yet. We have to finish the development of the firmware first.

leap motion for Uarm pro shift is it ready ? seem not ready yet which I have tested even with the latest firmware. working with leap motion apps but not Uarm studio.

Could you shoot a video about your issue?

Hi Cleo,

Has the uArm Swift Pro with LM issue been rectified?

Please tell me if there is

Hello,the leap motion mode is not very good, so we have removed the leap motion mode in uarm studio, we have no longer provide technical support for this function, thank you for your understanding.

Can’t it be done in the movie?

Hello,yes, we have no longer provide technical support for this function, thank you for your understanding.