Measure force w/ xArm f/t sensor and gripper

Hello!

I’m a student new to the robotics field and have run into a problem that’s been challenging me for several days. Are the xArm 6-axis force torque sensor and the Robotiq 2F-85 gripper compatible? How can I measure the end-effector force using the xArm 6-axis force torque sensor with either the Robotiq 2F-85 gripper or the original xArm gripper?

To clarify, my setup involves using the gripper to hold a stick and poke. I need to obtain both the force magnitude and direction coming from the stick (every 10ms or so). I’ve searched extensively, but haven’t found much documentation or relevant sample code. There are sample codes available for the 6-axis force torque sensor and for initializing the 2F-85 gripper, but I couldn’t find any examples demonstrating how to use them together.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Did you check the Python example in our GitHub? You can refer to 8001-8010.
After installing ft sensor and gripper, enter ‘UFactory Studio-Externals-Torque Sensor’, do the payload identification, then run example 8005 to read the ft_raw_force and ft_ext_force.
xArm-Python-SDK/example/wrapper/common at master · xArm-Developer/xArm-Python-SDK · GitHub

Best regards,
Minna