Mechanical uArm Failure

Yesterday I had what looks like a mechanical failure of my uArm while running an Arduino sketch that I am working on…

To eliminate my program as the cause I tested it with uArm Studio. When I start the “Control” page of the uArm Studio the arm moves to a zero Y position, as far in as it can move, and the motor(s) do not stop and make a chattering noise as if there were gears skipping.

If I try to move the arm with Control in the uArm Studio the arm moves erratically. For example if I try to move the arm out it also drops down until it hits the table top and it will force the base to rise up.

What do you suggest?

How about post a video about that to let us know the details?

I sent you links to 3 videos. What do you suggest after looking at them?

Did you send support Email? We actually failed to open it, is it possible to post the link here?

EDIT: I sent the links via email to info and support as well. These do not work for me here

Hmmm… Having the uArm not operate properly in the Control of uArm Studio is bad news as that always perfectly works for me. I would use the uArm Studio to flash different firmware which should restore back to factory settings. If it still fails, the uArm is busted and you need to RMA.

Do you recommenced that I stick with the most current firmware?

Both the 3.2.0 and 4.4.0 are stable. Flashing back is to just to make sure there is no physical damage to the uArm. If Control in uArm Studio works after a fresh firmware, then your machine is fine and you probably had some weird settings from your Arduino work.

I use the 4.4.0 one because of the speed, but 3.2.0 supports more peripherals (which I don’t use, but you may). Up to you which suits your needs.

We got it and checked the video, and replied you by the Email you used to send link, please check.