Modbus TCP Communication

I’m trying to connect the Control Box with a PLC by using Modbus TCP an avoid all the physical wiring, does anyone know what directions does the I/O of the control box have? So I can write down at the PLC the directions and star the program of the xArm.

Dear Ale,

Would you please provide the SN of your Control Box? As different Control boxes may have different IO.

Our xArm User Manual also show the details of Control Box, please check if it is enough for you.

Best regards.

1 Like

Heyo. I did the same thing last week. If you want to avoid wiring, it is possible to control the robot with only the ethernet cable. You will have to create your own communictaion protocol, and not use the default Modbus one. The robot will only accept the protocol 0x00 0x02, while the default Modbus one is 0x00 0x00.

At least, this is what i discovered when i tried to use a Siemens PLC.

1 Like

SN: AC1200R412H151Y0100ED

This is the SN of my Control Box

Hi there! I’m trying with an AB (Rockwell) PLC. I understand that first you connect the Control Box with the Computer to create the programming file in xArmStudio and I saw something at the help.factory website (link below) but they try there with a Mitusbishi PLC an physical wiring. What you did was only instead of connecting the Ethernet cable to the computer you connected to your Siemens PLC?

http://help.ufactory.cc/en/articles/4410847-how-to-use-plc-to-control-ufactory-xarm

I indeed didn’t use physical wiring. I first used Hercules TCP manager to see what kind of data the arm was expecting, and then recreated the communication protocol on a Siemens PLC. Then just hooked the plc up to the xArm and boom. Popcorn time

1 Like

Hi togheter, can you mabe share your siemens plc project file? So i can check the communication. I am working on this for now and a little help would be very nice. i can as well impfove the programm and send you back my code then. Tanks already.