[Official] uArm Metal Calibration Guide

Please read if you are not sure whether to calibrate, or how to calibrate your uArm.
This guide works for Windows, MacOS and Linux.

1. If you bought the uArm after April 2016, please DON’T calibrate it if not necessary.
    All uArms were already calibrated before sale, and you can control it or program it without calibration.
    Frequent calibration will cause damage to the uArm Metal
    To get started with a uArm bought after April 2016, please directly refer to Getting Started with uArm.

2. If you encountered the following situations: (this usually happens on uArm bought before April 2016)

1. There’s a lasting “beep” sound when you power on your uArm or after a firmware upgrade.
  2. You cannot manipulate uArm even after firmware upgrade.

please calibrate the uArm through the following steps:
(you may either click each of them to go through one single step or click here to go through all steps)

1. Finish the uArm CommandLine Installations
  2. Upgrade firmware(If you fail to upgrade, please try uarm-firmware -d and then uarm-firmware -f)
  3. [Calibrate uArm](http://docs.ufactory.cc/cli/#uarm-calibrate](http://docs-cn.ufactory.cc/cli/#uarm-calibrate)

I tried to follow CLT guide to calibrate my uArm, but seems the new install had conflicts with python installed to my computer before. The CLT failed half way through, and my old version of python crushed as well. I had to spent a lot of time to totally uninstall and reinstall.

Can I run the calibration tool directly from python?

I noticed the document on python tool had different angles than the CLT tool. So if I can run calibration directly from python, what does the correct angel look like?

The reason I want to recalibrate is that I use python uarm.move_to(0,0,0), then uarm.read_coordinate(), gave me [0.47, -8.56, 18.19]

Hi @hobbypy2015, The CLI will install latest pyuarm library. If there is conflict with your current version, I suggest you use virtualenv this could isolate your different python library version.

Hi, I’ve tried to follow your “calibrate uarm” link but it just goes blank. It is the file been removed?

They are writing the new calibration guide…, hope they finish it soon i have to calibrate it(with arduino)