P2231 command always returns V0

My brand new uArm Swift Pro that I got from Sparkfun doesn’t properly return the pump status. The P2231 command consistently returns V0 even when the pump is ON or grabbing things. When I interrogate the analog part measuring the pump current through P2241 N9, I always get a reading of zero. Other analog channels seems to return varying values as as expected. We have several functional uArm Swift Pro’s in house and I connected the suction pump to the control board of another functional unit and the system worked perfectly. This likely means the problem is with the controller board, not the suction unit. I contacted Sparkfun but they cannot help me any further. Please advise.

Hi Gozen,

Please refer to the below topic.

Thanks Minna. I didn’t see your reply here so I responded to your email instead. I figure I share my response here for the community to see. Feel free to respond here only:

I have seen that topic earlier but unfortunately it doesn’t help my issue. As I stated in my note “When I interrogate the analog part measuring the pump current through P2241 N9, I always get a reading of zero.” This is true when the pump is on, off , grabbing anything or grabbing nothing. Also, I don’t get a V1 response to P2231 when the pump is ON and not grabbing anything, it’s always V0. Please read my note again about me connecting the suction unit to other robots. I guess my question is: is the controller board or the suction cup defective? If the answer is yes, would it be possible to get a replacement.

Hi Gozen,

Sorry I missed some information. If the suction unit can work fine with other robots, I assume the resistor on the PCBA is burned out. Please refer to the attached docs solution A to check if the resistor has been bypassed.

And please provide the SN of the uarm.

Guide to Fixing Pump Failure Issue.pdf (534.9 KB)

Best regards,
Minna

Hi Minna

I believe the resistor is in fact bypassed. See the picture below. The Serial No is UP13052110003B. Please let me know how to proceed.

Hi Gozen,

Thanks for the SN. I can confirm this arm can’t support obtaining the pump status.
Actually, this resistor is used to get the pump status, which is bypassed on all our newer uArm. You can judge by SN, if the SN is UP1305+, then the arm can not support returning the pump status.

Best regards,
Minna

Thanks Minna. What should be the next step though? We need this capability. I will reach out the Sparkfun to see I can get a replacement unit but is there anyway UFactory can help me?

Best,
Arda

Hi Arda,

Sorry for the trouble, I am afraid I can not help you, all of our new uArm have removed this function.
I have told this to our sales, they will contact you by email.

Best regards,
Minna