Possible to switch the starting signal (beep) permanent off (and on)?

uArm Serial No.: UARM-C8FD19405604
Firmware Version: 3.2.0
Operation System: Win 10
uArm Controlling Method: Arduino (Marlin) GCode and control with Java Serial interface

Hello uArm-Team,
is it possible (is there a way) to switch the uArm starting signal (“the beep”) permanent off (and when it is off, can it bei switched on again)?

Reason / need:
We work in one room with many groups on different projects, and the starting signal (beep) is very annoying to the other groups. Somethimes it is a “kind of pain”, when the uArm - team is testing.

With best regards

jmhems

Hi jmhems, we are sorry that there is no properly way to switch off the staring beep.

Hi jmhems,
I think in oder to archeive that it would be neccesary to modifiy the uArm firmware.
I myself did not try to compile it myself yet. (there should be manuals available for the marlin how to get it to compile)
in the file pins_swift.h there is the setting “#define BEEPER_PIN 44” I assume that if you change that to -1 (that seems to be the default for not supported pins) there would be no more beeps.

Best Regards
Felix

Hi Daniel,

so what ist the “dirty” way? Is this the way Felix described?

Best regards jmhems

Hi jmhems, that means there is no official way to do that. Sorry for the unclear expression.

Hi, jmhems,
I have set the setting " #define BEEPER_PIN 44 in the file pins_swift.h (uArm firmware Marlin 3.2) to 0 and the little tormentor is silenced.
All the best Klaus

2 Likes

And here is the ultimate solution!

Find the buzzer on the motherboard:

vor

and stuff his mouth with a gum!

nach

Greetings Klaus

1 Like

Hi, what folder is this file located in?

for the fw version I have (did not do a thing with the uArm for quite some time)
it’s located in the \lib\Marlin directory

Worked for me!

Why would anyone want to get rid of the the beep? It means the uArm has bootup properly and everything is fine. It warms my heart! :slight_smile:

Hello Klaus and Felix,

to change the pin (-number) for the beeper is the solution I´am searching for. Thank you very much.

After the change I´ve compiled the Marlin-Version 3.2.0 (Marlin.ino in the foulder …\lib\Marlin..) and uploaded this one into the Arduino Board of the uArm. After this upload we can communicate via Java and serial Port with the uArm SwiftPro AND: We don´t disturb other groups with the beep of the bot.

Have a great year 2020 and greetings to the whole uArm-family!

All the best

jmhems