Probelm with the gripper

uArm Serial No.: (the No. at the bottom of each uArm reading “UARM-XXXXXXXXXX”)

Firmware Version: 3.2.0

Operation System: Win10

uArm Controlling Method: gcode

We had built a robot programming exhibit for a science center. Recently, gripper has started to behave quite strangely. The gripper opens when the arm moves in the y axis. I’ll send a video tomorrow. Need an urgent help. Thanks.

UFACTORY Website
Official Store
uArm User Facebook Group

English
中文通道

Hi, please use google driver or dropbox to share the video. Thanks.

link:f944d140-a369-4653-bc85-336e32e19c14.mp4 - Google ドライブ

Hi, have you tried to grab other object instead of the boll? And did your try to use uArm Studio to control the uArm to grab object? This toubleshooting may help us to figure out if it’s hardware issue or not. Thanks.

Hi,

Even if the robot doesn’t grab any object the problem exists. The result is also the same with uarm studio.

Hi, did you try the latest firmware with the latest uArm studio? If yes, please contact our after sales department via http://www.ufactory.cc/#/en/support/question, we will help you solve the issue.

Hi,
I have the same problem. (like the video you shared)
I discover (using STUDIO, but also IDE…) if I close the gripper and then I change the Z position (e.g. Z>100) the gripper automatically is opened. If I change again the Z position under a limit (e.g.) the gripper is closed.
I don’t know if this is an anomaly (bug) or not.
Using both the firmware 3.2.0 and 4.4.0… same behavior

Did you fix this problem ?
Thx
Antonio

Hi, Antonio
please check your email,thanks.

done…

ok,we are on it.

Hi,

Afger some investigations I had figured out that the problem was not the gripper but the cable that connects gripper to the unit. There was obviously a design mistake which caused the cable to get defected with movements in z axis. I donno if they resolved this with new versions. My solution was to use suction instead of. Gripper, which worked a lot better.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,we think the main line of uarm should be damaged. If you want to repair, you can send us your uarm and we will repair it.