Regulating suction power

uArm Serial No.: UP1300190901CF
Firmware Version: 3.2
Operation System: Win10
uArm Controlling Method: uArm Studio/

I am trying to pick up a paper tag with the suction cup, and it appears that the power from the suction cup is too strong as it picks up the entire stack of tags. Could you let me know the best route or path to be able to control the suction power? I would like to reduce the power by 30%.

Hi, the suctoin cup is designed not able to adjust the suction force.

For an arm that is supposed to be accessible for customization this is disappointing.

We would take this into consideration in the future design.

I don’t use the suction tool but it doesn’t seem too complex. There is just a vacuum hose on the side. Making it vacuum weaker seems a very doable hack. Make the hose connection fit less snug or put some spongy material in between (avoid it being sucked into the machine of course) or poke some small holes that you can cover up with tape for adjustment of vacuum pressure?

I’m going to connect an air valve to the tube coming from the uArm’s suction pump, then run a quick bit of tubing from that valve to the suction cup module. Thus I can bleed off some of the air while keeping the ability to use that suction cup module at full strength for other uses if needed. I’d just rather be able to regulate that pressure in a more refined manner via direct module control, as it makes the pump work harder this way.

I had a similar issue, ended up just making a few holes in a rubber suction cup head with a needle.
That also helps to release a captured object if vacuum stays but weight is low.

That’s a bit disappointing, you are right.