RoboDK Connection

Hi

There is a very popular robot simulation software called RoboDK (https://robodk.com/), which can be used to program a large number of brands of industrial robots and cobots. Among them is the xArm. However, when I try to connect to it, I get an error:

Could you give me some advice on whether it is possible to connect to my xArm6 from RoboDK?

Ping works fine but won’t connect:

UFACTORY Website
Official Store
uArm User Facebook Group

English Channel
中文通道

I did a try and get similar error, log says “Cannot start D:/Software/RoboDK/api/robot/xArmDriver.py
Failed”.
Actually I find the xArmDriver.py in “RoboDK\api\Robot” and also the xArmDriver.pyc in “RoboDK\api\Robot\v312”
No idea yet. Did you check with the RoboDK team?

Hi Fabian,

I got the same error and contacted Robodk, they just asked me if I could use the post processor.

Then I tried to use the post processor, click ‘generate robot program’, it says python has not been configured properly. After setting the python interpreter and editor, I can connect to the robot, get position and move joints. Please check the python configs in ‘Tools-Options-Python’.

Best regards,
Minna

Hi Minna

Thanks for your support. Now I know that my problem was the RoboDK version. I was using 5.6 but it works fine with 5.8, the last one.

Thank you very much