Trouble with Uarm suction gripper letting go of cards

I am finding that after using the gripper for about 15-20 minutes it stops letting go of the sports cards (equivalent to playing cards) i am picking up. I remove air flow to the gripper and after about 5-6 seconds the card falls.

when i leave the machine and then return after 20 minutes, and restart it might work again. this is not a software or elecitracl issues, its a mechanical issue with the gripper suction cup itself. it doesn’t “bounce back” and drop the card immediately after suction pump is turned off.

I would like to buy a bunch more of these rubber grippers to try.

please advise, thanks jim.

there should be an addional action the suction cup does.
There should be a clicking noise of a solenoid, is that the case?
one of the improvements of one of he recent FW updates was related to this issue.
But I could imagine that the weight of the card is not enough, maybe you could add a littlp spring insode the suction cup?
Regards
Felix

I think its because the weight of the card is very light…there is no clicking or action on solenoid.

but…can you tell me who the supplier of the suction cup is? i would like to buy some other types that might be better for such light items. i am sure if i was picking up something heavier it would fall off right away when the air suction pump was turned off.

Did you get anywhere with this? I am having a similar issue and I am considering punching a small hole in the suction cup. This should release the card faster (+ shake the arm). But I don’t want to do this until I have a replacement set.