U-Arm acrylic with shield 1.1 - questions

I bought a 3D printed generic U-ARM kit years ago and never got around to using it after building… I also bought your Arduino and Shield to go with it.

I just downloaded the UArm acrylic software and can’t get the mac version to work (Client app is damaged and won’t open) and Assistant doesn’t connect.

I also have tried the windows software with no luck either… I have installed the USB driver and rebooted… still no luck.

First - from reading here I assume that the software for the old Arduino versions of UArm is no longer supported.

Second - I also tried the newer software which does not see the arm (U arm studio) - as I assume you no longer use the Arduino in the newer arms…

So - here is my question.

The UArm Shield - how can I use this in the generic Arduino IDE environment? Is there any documentation on the UArm shield that tells me how to access the servo ports?

There should be a way that I can manually load the libraries and control software in the IDE myself…

I’d prefer to not just throw the shield away if I can still use it… but with no idea how to interface it to the Arduino IDE manually, I’m stuck.

Thanks for any help you can give me…

I know there are several other folks with older UArms that would find this information useful based on searching these forums…