uArm metal and arduino problem with new library

Hello guys, Im using a uArm metal, and im trying to make it work with arduino library.
The new library has no examples(the old one had some examples).I’ve made some programs with the last working library, but it seems they doesnt work with this update(my .ino gives error). So from this point i cant make it move since the previous commands doesn’t work on this new library. It would be nice if there is any documentation about the commands to use, or any good example with the new library.

Ezpz

Hi,

The Arduino library has updated to V2.2.2.

There’s a “uArmAPI.h” added. You can find documentations of all the API used here.

Three demos/examples are added too.

(uArmAPI.h)

(three demos)

Hi, I’m using the new Arduino Libraries as explained. However this error pops up everytime I load an example using the new Lib:

In file included from Metal.ino:1:0:
\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UArmForArduino-master\src/uArm.h:16:20: fatal error: EEPROM.h: No such file or directory
_ #include <EEPROM.h>_
_ ^_
compilation terminated.

Now, i manually added the eeprom.h and then the error was lifted. However the compiler then did NOT find:

Wire.h

which i also manually added. But still a new error popped up:

uArmComm.cpp: In member function unsigned char uArmComm::cmdGetE2PROMData(int, int, double*)
_ _
uArmComm.cpp: 589:24: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named 'get
_ EEPROM.get(addr, i_val)_

I don’t know if the old library is messing with the new one and im not sure what to do to fix this. Any suggestions?

Greetings, Ben

Hi Ben,

Please update your Arduino IDE to the latest version and try again.
Recommend V1.6.12 or after.

Greetings, Cleo

Hello

Well i had the Arduino version 1.7.10 installed. I updated that to 1.7.11 now and the same error persists. Im not sure what to do anymore.

Greetings,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I think your IDE was downloaded from “arduino.org”, not “arduino.cc”.

Please download Arduino IDE from “arduino.cc”. The one from “arduino.org” does not have the latest EEPROM library.

(The relationship between “arduino.cc” and “arduino.org” is too complicated to explain here.
If you’re interested, please refer to this article)

Hello Cleo

Yes, that helped a lot! I didn’t even realise that a mistake like that was possible. I had the version from arduino.org before i recieved the uArm, quite unfortunate.

Also, the arduino IDE automatically updates the uarm-library to the 2.2.1 version and not the 1.5.11 version. It took some time to finally realise that the 1.5.11 version is the working one (under tags on bithub ver. 1.5.11 is the topmost version, but if using the Arduino IDE to update, the program thinks that 2.2.1 is the correct version).

2.2.1: ↔ 1.5.11:
uarm.h ↔ uarm_library.h

Thank you for your time. I will be programming the robot with the uarm_library.h now :slight_smile:

Greetings

Ben

Glad to hear that. Enjoy!