uArm Studio (1.1.12) not recognizing uArm device on mac os x

uArm Serial No.: see attached pic
Firmware Version: 3.1.2 (Swift Pro)
Operation System: Mac OS Sierra
uArm Controlling Method: uArm Studio 1.0.50 → 1.1.12; uplay

The uArm Studio 1.0.50 was working fine and recognized Swift Pro device connected via USB and Bluetooth. Updated Studio to 1.1.12 then error message appeared “uarm core quit unexpectedly”. Was able to login with my account, but Studio is not recognizing the device from either USB or bluetooth dongle.

uPlay app from iOS can connect and control uArm, but cannot download blocky project saved in Mac.

Device screenshot was from Studio version 1.0.50; on version 1.1.12 device is not recognized on Mac, and client is throwing error.

1 Like

same to me. is there any solution to it. should we wait for the next update?

Hi, Could you send us the log files with this link feedback

Thanks Alex, I have already sent the log files using the Feedback form.
Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks @pkokoras. I found similar issues posted on their Facebook site too. My workaround was to rollback to version 1.0.50 - it works and you don’t have to use uArm as a paperweight while waiting for ufactory to provide a fix.

Same problem here. Filled in a feedback form.

Hi, same problem using MAC OS Sierra 10.12.5

same here, but I no longer have previous version. can anybody help in getting it?

In another similar post, ufactory team said they’re working on it (so it’s a recognized issue) but no estimated delivery time. I asked to make previous version 1.0.50 available for Mac users.

Hi, here is the link of old version:


If it still not work please fill in the form here which would help us a lot to find and fix the problem, thanks, we would fix the problem as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi, I’m using uArm Studio version 1.1.12 since I received the Swift Pro (about 1 week ago) and it works ok, and by that I mean that it detects and connects to the Swift Pro. A different thing is the performance of the program itself which is clearly improvable…

Right in the first run of the already downloaded program (a few days before receiving the Swift Pro), I updated it to version 1.1.12 and the firmware in the Pro to version 3.1.9, and it has always connected to the uArm without a problem.

…I forgot to tell that I’m using it in a iMac with MacOS Sierra (version 10.12.5)

I have same problems on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5
uarmcore exited unexpectedly and the connected uArm Swift Pro is not recognized by software.
I know the USB connection should be fine because when plug in the USB cable I can see /dev/tty.usbmodem1421 in the file system.
Have sent the logs via customer support. Downloading v1.0.50 now.

v1.0.50 works fine on the same laptop, uArm and usb cable.