Uarm Studio not starting on MacBook Pro

I am a teacher trying to get started using new MacBooks with 9 UArm Swift Pros. I have new macbook pros with an M1 chip running Monteray. I have downloaded the latest version of UArm Studio and it won’t connect. I have checked my usb port and it shows the following:

Arduino Mega 2560:

Product ID: 0x0042
Vendor ID: 0x2341
Version: 0.01
Serial Number: 95931323132351605132
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s
Manufacturer: Arduino (www.arduino.cc)
Location ID: 0x00100000 / 1
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

So it looks like it sees the arm but UArm studio will not start. I have been able to control with the app, but that is extremely limited and I want to start using Blockly ASAP. I don’t think it matters but I do have to use a usb to usbC adapter as these new Macs only have usbC ports (but it sees the arduino board, so…). Please help.

Hi friend,

What is the system version of your MacBook? Is it MAC Big sure or Monterey?

Monterey

Hi there,
Same problem here, M1 but using Big Sur.
USB connected to Arduino is fine, same parameters as reported above by @aaltman
App is patched, restarted app and computer and uArm,starts up without errors, but no connection achieved.
uArm connects to mobile via bluetooth.

Thanks in advance for suggesting possible solutions.

Edit: Troubleshooting inside app says driver not installed. Forum says there is no driver for mac.

Hi Frabo,

Please find the patch package for Mac big sure in the below link.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fODd0bgFRN0AFFonC_Fae6l5d0GWtzKC?usp=sharing

steps: kill uArmstudio.exe, run patch.sh, and then re-open uArmStudio.

Best regards,
Minna

Did not change anything for me. Uninstalled completely, Restarted. Installed Studio. Restarted. Patched. Restarted. Run Studio, uArm not detected. uarmcore not running.

Hi Frabo,

Sorry I missed you are using M1 chip Macbook.
Actually we have stopped the maintenance of uarmStudio and have no plan to update it, please use Win10 system or older MAC system, thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,
Minna