As the title says, the uArm Swift Pro takes several seconds to process and respond to commands. For example, when just using the “Control” tab in uArm Studio, it can take from about 5 up to 7 seconds for the robot to move to a location after the location is specified. Blockly and Teach and Play both have the same problem. I also tried to control it via the Python library, and it had the same problem as before.
I tried unplugging, powering off, and rebooting uArm Studio, but the problem persisted. On a hunch, I tried downgrading the firmware version to 3.2.0 and that fixed the problem temporarily. While in version 3.2.0, the robot behaves as normal. I decided to then update the firmware to 4.3.2 again, and I was met with the same problem.
However. However, after powering it off for a short period (~10 minutes), I once again turned it on, and it was completely fine. I thought that maybe it was fine fore good and there was just a glitch, but after leaving the robot unplugged overnight, I came back and it was back to the sluggishness and non-responsiveness.
Temporarily, I left the robot in firmware 3.2.0, but I’d like to figure out what is causing this.
uArm Serial No.: (the No. at the bottom of each uArm reading “UARM-0CB2B77BE6BD”)
Firmware Version: 4.3.2
Operation System: Windows 10
uArm Controlling Method: uArm Studio 1.1.21 (Teach and Play, Control, and Blockly)