Vacuum system (Swift Pro) stopped working

uArm Serial No.: UP130119010007
Firmware Version: 4.4.0
Operation System: Win10

The vacuum system (pump/valve) of my SwiftPro has stopped working. No pumping, no solenoid ‘clicks’.
I’ve checked the pump and solenoid seperately, both appear to work fine. But when connected to the board in the uarm nothing happens. (Up till now it worked without problems!)
Measured the output: There is 5V going to the pump when the pump-on button is pressed (in studio software) but nothing happens… (maybe this 5V is merely the signal, but not enough amps?)

Does anyone know what may be causing this problem? -Also: if it can be fixed (and/or how) would be great info offcourse! :wink:

Best regards,
Hans

Hi,
Could you please shoot a video about this issue and send to us by Google driver link?

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply, I will make a video and send it over.
What specificly would you want/need to see in the video? (The vac pump simply doesn’t function, so i’m not sure what to show you)
Furthermore, i’ve placed the pump/valve outside the uarm base enclosure. (less noisy) This setup has worked fine till now!
I’m fully aware that the warranty probably will be void because of these changes! That’s no problem, possibly i’ve caused the issue myself anyway… :wink:
However, i do need the pump to work and i’m hoping for a quick solution!

Please let me know what exactly you want to observe in the video, so i can accommodate you.
Thanks!

Hi, as you already know the issue, there is no need to shoot the vdieo, we could send you the part you need.
Please copy this link and with the info below to support@ufactory.cc, we will process the RMA.

1. Contact information (include Name/Email/Phone Number)
  2. Physical Address
  3. SN (On the bottom of the uArm)
  4. Proof of purchase (photocopy or photo or screenshot) or order number(UFactory online store or Amazon Store order number).
  5. The image of the part you need(you’d better mark the part you need with text or symbol).
  6. If you have received the uArm for more than 12 months, we will charge for the materials and shipment since it’s out of warranty, please provide your Paypal account on this condition.

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Thanks again for your help, i’ve send the info to your team at support!

Best regards,
Hans

Hi Has, got it, we will reply you by Email today.

Already got the reply! Great service :slight_smile:

Just one more thing: Are there any ‘special’ steps i should perform after installing a new mainboard? (calibration?)

Hi Hans,
There is a document about the process of replacing the PCB board by yourself, we will send you to by Email. Please check it later today. Thanks

Hi Daniel,

I wanted to let you know i’ve received the new PCB board last week. Works perfectly!
Thanks again (to the whole ufactory team) for a great service!

Best regards,
Hans

Wow, nice. You are welcome.