Velocity Control of End-Effector using ROS

uArm Serial No.: UARM050517078E

Firmware Version: 3.1.17

Operation System: Linux

uArm Controlling Method: ROS

Hi

I lately bought the uArm Swift Pro. I managed to successfully control it using ROS. To do so I use the gCode commands which I have found in your developer guide.

So far I have found the possibility to send the end-effector to a certain position with a certain constant velocity. What I would like to do now is to control the end-effector such that it follows a certain trajectory with a predefined velocity profile (which is not constant). What’s important is that the end-effector doesn’t stop while following the trajectory, it should execute the movement as smooth as possible.
That’s why my questions are:

• Is there a possiblity to send velocity commands for the end-effector instead of position commands using ROS?

• Is it possible to “interrupt” an execution of a command sent to the robot and “overlap” it with an other command without decreasing the velocity of the end-effector to zero before in order to get a smooth movement (the idea behind this is to change the direction of the end-effector while it is still at a certain speed)?

• Could you think of an other method to realize the task explained above using the uArm Swift Pro?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

1 Like