xArm7 c++ SDK pause robot during set_position command

I can not find relevant information for c++ programing anywhere.

How to pause or stop the robot after issuing a set_positoin() command was issue without pressing emergency button? Say in case the robot is moving into an obstacle and we want to stop that from happening. After the set_command() the program sequence will wait until the robot finishes moving. It will NOT take any other commands.

UFACTORY Website
Official Store
uArm User Facebook Group

English Channel
中文通道

Hi friend

set_state(3) can pause the robot, set_state(4) can stop the robot and clean all the cache commands.and you can also use the SI of the control box to pause the robot, please refer to the user manual -2.5.2.5. Protective Stop with Reset Button"Page 56.

you can use the CI stop the robot and clean all the cache commands, please refer to the user manual -"1.4.4.1 Input"Page 97

https://www.ufactory.cc/_files/ugd/896670_41d4bcfd620f4e489e8a0a312c481f0e.pdf

@Mike. Thanks for your reply. But I don’t understand, Is there a detailed document? After issuing “set_position” it will not go to the next line of command. It will wait until the motion is finished. How do I then set the set_state(3) command to pause the robot? I would like to do it in the program not control box I/O.

I suppose you are working with UFactory. Can you please response more quickly? Thanks in advance.

Hi Wongrata,

Whether the command blocks depends on the wait parameter of set_position, attached is a simple demo, you can see it will go to next line even if the motion is not finished.

test.cc (907 Bytes)

Best regards,
Minna