XY plane not parallel to working surface/calibration issue when drawing

Can you post a link to the post on FB?

Cheers,

.mm

Would someone from uArm have time to reply to this topic please?

Dear customers,

The Laser function will not be affected by the Z axis error if the error equal or less than 0.5mm, and 3D printing function could also work under this condition.
As the draw function, we designed a new flexible pen holder to make uArm Swift Pro has a better performance regarding to the draw function. We will send it to customer for free and if you need it please Email to support@ufactory.cc.

If you have any question(s) about that, you could contact support@ufactory.cc to get quick reply or contact us via Facebook(UFACTORY).

Notes:

How to calibrate: http://download.ufactory.cc/docs/en/uArm%20pro%20User%20Manual%20v1.1.0.pdf
How to get the reference position, please check the item 9 of this post: [Official] FAQ for uArm Swift (Pro) - keep updating

Keep updating:
The xy plane issue is mainly caused by both the calibration method and the encoder. For the method, single point calibration is not good enough to fix the problem. For the encoder, the linearity of AS5600 would be the problem which makes the position feedback less accurate. What’s more, the dimensional accuracy of each parts and gearbox may also affects. We want to apologize here for everyone who are suffering the xy plane issue and we would do a real-time post about the process of solving this problem to keep everyone updated.

1 Like

there are no files in the google drive when I follow the link above!
any thing more recent?

I am interested in the 3-point calibration as well.

What is the current status?

http://download.ufactory.cc/docs/en/uArm%20pro%20User%20Manual%20v1.1.0.pdf
please chekc the page 23 of this doc. Thanks

I have done that. It is only a single point, point B.

Is that all there is?

Over a year later and Ufactory have still not posted any video/instructions for the three point calibration.
Go figure …

.mm

I’m replying too two different problems which I found little fixes for:

I too could not find the 3 point calibration in the manual: http://download.ufactory.cc/docs/download/uArm-Swift-Pro-Calibration.pdf

What i ended up doing was setting arm with servo_detach on at each point and issuing:
point A M2401 A
point b: M2401 B
point c: M2401 C

This seemed to calibrate it well enough to get some drawing done.

My thoughts: I didn’t debug what M2401 actually did, but my guess – it’s a calibration code (duh). If this calibration code was just for B like found by other users and myself, then why state B after a space? It ended up beeping and sounding like it did something, I should look into this further or maybe others if interested

• TOO HARD OF PRESS ON Z-AXIS
    For what I’m doing i did also have a rough touch using a stylus pen. I’m using python API and built small parsers and a recorder, in my parser i have this code:

line=line.split(',')
      	x=line[0]; y=line[1]; z=line[2]; speed=100000
      	## convert z from float to int for softer touch on digi 
      	z=int(float(z))
      	## soften pen touch 
      	z=z+1.5

Sample output:
X is: 331.6741, Y is: -88.5084, Z is: 35.5

Increasing Z by 1.5 was the soft spot for where i wanted it to be, 2 was also working okay, but a little too far from surface and wasn’t touching at all sometimes. Hope this helps!!

Thank you for sharing.

Sorry to revive this topic but I just dusted off my uArm from storage, and I too am facing this problem. When I first received the uArm it was working fine. Yesterday I took it back out because I have a project I want to use it on and the z-axis tilt very extreme, the arm is lifting up by as much as 10cm (yes 10cm).

The Z-axis is severely tilted on my uarm and no amount of firmware updates or calibration is able to fix the problem. I am okay with 1-2mm lift but this is unusable. uArm staff (@tony @jane @Minna ) please assist with the 3 point calibration, I think that can fix the issue but there doesn’t seem to be support for it. Currently this expensive arm is completely unusable, even for pick and place.

Hi Nixt,

Please download the uArm Swift Pro Calibration document on our official website, and try to do the calibration.
https://www.ufactory.cc/download-uarm-robot

If there is still a problem, would you please share the SN and send a video to show us the problem to support@ufactory.cc, thank you.

Best regards,
Minna