Calibration - movie link is broken

Hello,

I used the calibration code to calibrate my uArm without knowing exactly what to do…

I want to calibrate like I should - I saw a lot of posts about it, refering to this movie - - YouTube - but it does not exist any more.

Can I have instruction how to calibrate my uArm ???

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry for the problem.

We had a software upgrade recently, so did the calibration method.
So we deleted all calibration-related movies on our YouTube channel.
Sorry for not updating a new one immediately.

Could you tell me:

1. What system are you using? Win, Mac, Linux?
  2. The version of your uArm? uArm Acrylic? uArm Metal? or others?
  3. The current firmware version of your uArm?

Thanks.

Regards,
Cleo

1.Windows
2. Metal.
3. I don’t know. How should I know? I bought it 2 weeks ago from SparkFun, does it help ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Double-click the firmware_helper.exe and you’ll know the current firmware version of your uArm.

Cleo

Where can I found the firmware_helper.exe ??

You can download firmware from our website: https://ufactory.cc/en/uarm_metal?tag=download#support

The response -

Reading Fimware version from uArm…
Initalite uArm, port is COM11…
Lastest firmware version: 1.7.3
unknown uArm Firmware version, would you want to upgrade your uArm with 1.7.3 ?

Please upgrade your firmware first as told by the instructions of firmware_helper.exe

And then forward your problem via our customer service channel

Please specify all your attempts of calibrating uArm (the code, the operation, etc.

Besides, if you just get your uArm two weeks ago, you don’t need to calibrate, because the uArm is already calibrated by default.

Regards,
Cleo

I really need FAST answer.

I calibrated the uArm myself with the wrong way. Please let me know how to do it in the right way ASAP.

When trying to upgrade I am receivng error code 2

Found the reason for this error. Fixed that. Now when running the upgrade it says

avrdude.exe : stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

PLASE REPLY ASAP

I am getting the same error from the firmware helper. What was the reason that you found for the error?

Change the file names from avrdue_win.X to avrdude.X (x=.exe and .conf)

I did this and it worked once but now it is doing the same thing as before and failing again. When it did work it also only updated to version 1.7.2 not the latest 1.7.3. Now it is back to saying that it is an unknown version and fails when I try to update it.

I forwarded my problem to customer service channel - but didn’t receive any respond.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME SLOVE MY PROBLEM ??!?!?!?!

@oferll @anudels,
Hi, sorry for Cleo is ill recently. We have test the Firmware, but maybe more errors because different computer has some software already installed conflicting with each other. I think you can try this: instead of using the firmware we compacted, you can try UArm Arduino Library: uArm Library Introduction. Tell me if this worked!!

Poppy
@uArm

BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CALIBRATION !!!
I need to know HOW to calibrate it !!

I mean - how and where to locate the arm and then run the calibration code for Arduion ?!??
Please give me full and detailed answer !!!

Hi,

About the calibration problem, please refer to:

Thanks.

Cleo