Communication SDK xArm

Hi Daniel,

Is there another way to get the joint coordinates faster.
My simulator gets the information slower than yours.
Yours in studio software is much smoother?

I use self.arm.angles.copy() to get the coords.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny,
The xArm Studio use the “30002” report port to get the real time joint angles for the 3D model, its frequency is 5HZ, check the example here: xArm-Python-SDK/example/wrapper/common/get_report_data_with_protocol.py at master · xArm-Developer/xArm-Python-SDK · GitHub

Thank you very much Daniel.
Your service is fantastic!
For simulator option to show at my customers place, do I need the robot or just the controller to work with it?
If so can I order the controller box only for demo purposes?
I am working very hard to the end of the year, next year I will try to sell this cobots with my own software to the industry.
I already sold two projects, this gives me the possibilities to do the engineering of the software while I’ve been paid for it.
The benefits of making my own software is the integration with all plc brands I work with it already for many years.
Like I told you before, I have 35 years of experience in the industrial automation, I also made my own machines.
If the business is rolling out next year I have to think about a service plan, I need to have spare parts and so on, I will
make some appointments with your company to see how we can make be best out of it.

Thanks again,
Danny

Hi Danny,
For simulator option to show at my customers place, do I need the robot or just the controller to work with it?
As of now, both the robotic arm and the controller are needed. Since we have not separated the algorithm from the firmware, hence a real robotic arm is essential for the simulation. We did add the “simulation with out a real robotic arm” to our R&D plan list, we suppose to start it by the beginning of 2021.
We are very glad that you use the xArm in our project and you could benefit from the integration. Please let us know if you need any sales or teachnical support, we will try out best to provide assistance.
Thanks