Manual Mode - Gets overwritten

Hey,

having xArm5 and the corresponding AC Control Box.
Robot Model: xArm5
Robot SN XF130308B22B05
Firmware: 2.3.0
Studio: 2.3.0
Control Box SN: AC130303A3009C

The Manual Mode is set via Input on the Controller. We wired a Switch to this Input. Working as intended.

It is used, when the SPS or Applic or something else faulty happened, so we can move it into a safe space, to let the SPS then automatically Reset. This is done with Modbus TCP Blockly Commands.

We found the Issue, that the Switch is activated, the Safe Guard is set with manual Safety Override. The COBOT is then in Manual Mode, which is also displayed via DO Output and an LED right next to the switch. We can move the COBOT as stated.

BUT then, the SPS sends the Reset Command via Blockly, and the COBOT is running the Blockly Task. The Manual Mode gets deactivated on this moment, and never gets one again (have to switch off and on Manual again).

It seems like, the Manual Mode gets activated with a positive Pulse from the Input, but never checks the State of the Input after this Function. Of cource, i can change the SPS Behaviour to not send a command to the COBOT, when Manual Mode is activated. But this is not sufficient for us…

Is this the intended behaviour of this Manual Mode input Configuration? Cause its freaking me out, when you have the COBOT in one Hand independly moving without my knowledge at the moment.

Hi Sir,

the SPS sends the Reset Command via Blockly, and the COBOT is running the Blockly Task. The Manual Mode gets deactivated on this moment, and never gets one again (have to switch off and on Manual again).
—> Which ‘reset’ command do you use? How do you send it? Would you please provide the steps for us to reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
Minna

Hey,

I think the issue could be, that Activating Manual Mode can be reset by running a Blockly Program from Modbus TCP. Is this intended?

the sequence would be like the following:

1. COBOT moves
  2. something bad happens (crash or something)
  3. COBOT reports ERROR
  4. SPS sends Blockly Program for RESET (includes State Reset, move to proper position, check below)
  5. Automatic Reset isnt possible: COBOT Stays in “applic_error”, which is a designated word in ModbusTCP register (Adr 256/257), read by the SPS
  6. Manual Mode shall be used to put the COBOT into a proper position, from which the Blockly Program for Reset shall be launched
  7. Manual Mode is activated with the Switch located near the COBOT
  8. Manual Mode has been accepted by the COBOT AC Controller Unit
  9. COBOT will be moved by hand to a proper position
  10. Meantime: SPS still tries to run the Blockly Program for Reset
  11. Manual mode gets deactivated when the Modbus TCP Request Blockly Program is sent by the SPS.
  12. The COBOT will move on its own, depending on the Reset Program.

Apperently i cannot upload the blockly Program in the Forum, also i could not create a download link for you…

The Reset Blockly Program In Short: The Reset Program checks for Z-Positioning, and if this is too low, it returns. Else it does different move commands, depending on the X and Y Position of the Cobot. The Code is not written easy to read, this had to be done rather quick…

Hi Sir,

I think the issue could be, that Activating Manual Mode can be reset by running a Blockly Program from Modbus TCP. Is this intended?
→ It is intended. It can be replicated simply by turning on manual mode and then triggering a Blockly project.
Our Blockly will do some initialization by default, clear error->clear warning->set_mode(0)->set_state(0),… etc.

What’s your problem? When do you want to keep it in manual mode?

Best regards,
Minna

Hey,

i want to keep it in manual mode, as long, as the Digital Input on the AC Control Box is activated. So i think, i have to check this in the SPS Program, that no Blockly shall be launched via Modbus TCP as long as Manual Mode is activated.

Cause i think, its a bit strange. The DIgital Input stays on high signal, yet it is possible to intercept this signal with other commands. But when this is the intended behaviour, i will check, how i can deal with this.

Thank you for your time.

Hi Sir,

Yes, the new command can intercept the CI signal even if it keeps in high level. If the manual mode gets overwritten, you need to trigger CIx again(low->high level) to enable the manual mode.

Best regards,
Minna