Reaching joint limits in set_position command

We’re using XArm in smart-robotics, it means XArm doesn’t reproduce remembered trajectories. So we use PythonSDK and “set_position” function setting the target TCP for each movement in a sequence.

There’s a problem, that Joint6 goes out of joint limits pretty often. Is there a way to take into account that Joint6 has limits and don’t send it so far in Joint6 while obviously with ±360 another path planning is possible always.

This makes impossible to use it XArm in a production solution, even with all possible tricks (like sending into a home position after each movement) we still have that stop after each 100 movements (or about so).

Could you please provide a script which can let us reproduce the issue? You could send me an Email, daniel.wang@ufactory.cc

it’s not so simple in general, because it depends on initial joint positions and a set of actions. I’ll prepare a log where joint states are saved along with set_position arguments. It’ll take some time. But the main question is there something in the current firmware that can prevent such things, that were obvoisuly not taken into account in the existing IK solver/path planner ?

Unfortunately, there is nothing can prevent that based on current firmware, the robot doing the IK while it’s moving, there is a article here may help you understand what I mean: