RS485 port wiring question

Is the RS485 port on the AC control box wired to the jack that the tool plugs into?
I have tested it with a multimeter for continuity and nothing seems to match up. According to the manual, only the first 3 of the 8 pins are connected. Only the ground pin seems to make any sort of connection.

Hello,the RS485 port on our controller has not been opened yet. I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Then you NEED to include this information in the documentation. A plug covering the port would also be useful and removing references to a RS485 accessory cable that is available for purchase as an accessory item.

I just wasted 2 days work because I assumed I was doing something wrong.

Hello,Thanks for your understanding, What exactly do you want to do?

I posted a question on Modbus TCP that covers what I am trying to do. However, to expand on it here, I am building a custom gripper to lift plants out of our vertical hydroponics system. Initially I am using various arduino boards to work out the bugs. I will have some of the arduino hardware on the gripper and some next to the control box. Once I have worked it out, I will have a custom board made to contain all the hardware within the gripper. I will post some pictures and video shortly.

Hello Farm,thanks for your reply and look for forward to receiving your video.