Safeguard stop cannot be restarted?

When we stop our xarm 7 (latest version of all software/firmware installed at this time) with safeguard stop, starting again by removing the signal allows the program to continue as expected.

Unfortunately, some state seems to have been lost because the robot does not continue the program correctly. Not sure what it is doing but the motion executed sometimes goes the wrong direction and other strange things.

Any help?

André

Hi André,

Is it possible to provide a simple program for us to reproduce this problem? Which IO you are using for safeguard stop?
Please send the program to xarm@ufactory.cc

Best regards,
Minna

Hi Minna,

Let me explain this a little better:

We are not actually trying to use Safeguard Stop. What appears to be happening is that we have a cooling fan that is creating a lot of “noise” in the power line. This noise appears to trigger a safe guard stop (a message to that effect appears in XArm Studio). By power cycling the fan, the Safe Guard stop condition is released and the program continues. However, it appears to have lost some state because the program does not continue properly.

We have apparently solved the problem by connecting the robot to a power conditioner that filters out the noise. We haven’t had a safe guard stop since. We also observed spurious activity on digital input CI0 - probably caused by the same “noise” on the power lines. This also appears to have gone away once we installed the power conditioner.

So the bottom line is that we don’t ever trigger a safe guard stop “on purpose” - it just used to happen sometimes because of line noise. It is hard to reproduce.

I just thought I would pass it along so your engineers could give the safeguard stop code and hardware a look to see if there is something that might cause a restart to not resume correctly. It is also interesting that this line-noise triggering of safeguard stop only happens with our new XArm7 robot - this never happens with our older XArm6. Both are connected to the same power-strip so should be seeing the same noise.

I also don’t know if the line noise is the source of the problem in resuming from safeguard stop. It might be line noise affecting something else instead.

Let me know if I can help somehow,.

Thanks,

Andre Sant’Anna
Applied Anodize, Inc.
Director, R&D

Hi Andre,
Thanks for the feedback, we need some extra info to figure out the problem, please send the below info to my Email daniel.wang@ufactory.cc
(1) The Control box SN of your xArm 6 and the xArm 7.
(2) Are you using both xArm Python SDK and xArm Studio Blockly, what’s the SDK version if you are using the xArm Python SDK?
(3)The log of the xArm7(you can get it from xArm Studio- Settings-System-Log-Download), and if possible, please tell us the date and time of the problem happened last time.

Thanks