Some annoying things

Dear X-arm team,

I wrote my own software for my business side with the python sdk library but struggle a long time with some annoying things.
Let me explain it a little bit more.
When you press the emergency button on the controller the whole communication with the sdk don’t communicate anymore.
My software thread has some trouble with it. Is it possible not to interrupt the communication?
Another annoying thing, if you’ve got an servo error you cannot software reset it, you have to unpower the controller and startup again, this is very clumsy in a business environment. Is there a better solution?

Thanks anyway for this wonderful product,
I really enjoy working with it.
Our final product (uni-flex studio software) is almost ready to be spread to the community.
I really waited so long to have a very stable product because it will be used in a business environment…

Dear Danny,

The Emergency button is designed for stopping all activities of the robotic arm emergently and clear all the cached commands in the Control Box, the power supply for robotic will be removed within 300ms.

In my understanding, if you want to stop the robotic, you can use python SDK instead of pressing the E button. May I know your application scenario?
What is the servo error code? What was done before the error? Please show us the steps and logs, so that helps us to troubleshoot the problem and check if it can handle by software.

Thanks in advance,
Minna

Hi,

For emergency I solved it to see whether the safety has been broken and jump of of my interrupt loop.

Another thing an more important will be the error message that a servo has been having over current for a while.
This happens sometime after a sure tend crash and when the collision can not be used. Error 11…17 arm.get_err_warn_code()
After that error when you do the actions arm.clean_warn() and arm.clean_error() it won’t take away the error.
I tried to disable motion but that’s not a good thing because the cobot falls down without brakes.
The only thing I can do will be powering off the controller box.
This is very unhandy in a industrial environment. Is there any possibility to software reset it without powering off?

Thanks

Hi Danny,

Please call get_servo_debug_msg and feedback the return value.
Please download the log on ‘xArmStudio-Settings-log’ and e-mail to minna.zhong@ufactory.cc for our analysis, and please provide the time when the problem occurred if possible.
Error 11-17 is a servo error, it should happen rarely.

Best regards.
Minna

Thanks Minna,

I will try to get the information but it isn’t easy because it’s into production. I’m not always on the work floor.
But what I want to know, is it possible to software reset it? It happens rarely when someone has don something
wrong like putting something in the working area. When this happens and collision cannot be done the cobot will
crash on the object and a servo error will happen. This is a point where software reset doesn’t solve the problem,
The only thing to reset the cobot is powering off the controller. So my question, is there a software reset possible?
with the api sdk functions.
Thanks

Hi Danny,

I get back to your email, please check.